Thursday, January 10, 2013

Step by step giant robot of doom

Another step by step.

This painting was painted in 5000px by 3011px resolution which allows me to get enough detail in for a scene like this. 


Rough sketch and blockin

Added some photos to get values and a more diverse palette.
Photos were added as "softlight" layers then erased in an out to get the value placements I wanted.

The photos were painted out using the "new" values. This was the step of which I decided to take it further. I usually sit around and paint environments just for fun. 

Tried to get some story going.


Foreground painted in and atmosphere added. I tried to separate things in the background/middleground by using value and temperature. 


Second dude added, tried to create a bit more panic in the image. Also more atmosphere added in the background.


Final! Police/car added and smashed, particles and other things added to create more movement. I also added a softlight layer with a warm color set to 15% to get swift the color palette around slightly towards red.

No comments:

Post a Comment